Petsmart birds come in a wide range of breeds and prices. The cost of your pet bird depends on the type of bird you choose. Pet store birds typically range in price from $10 to hundreds of dollars, depending on the breed. Certain rare species may cost even more. The price of a pet bird may also include supplies such as a cage, food, toys, and other necessary supplies. Factors such as breed, size, gender, and age can also impact the price of your pet bird.
How Much Are Petsmart Birds
PetSmart birds vary in cost, depending on the type and size of the bird. Generally, small birds such as budgies, cockatiels, or parakeets start at around $30, while larger birds such as macaws can cost several hundred dollars. Additionally, supplies and cages must be purchased separately. The cost of these items varies and can add up quickly. When considering the cost of owning a bird, take into account not just the price of the bird, but also the ongoing costs of food, cages, toys, grooming, and veterinary care.
Availability Of Birds At PetSmart
Birds are a popular pet choice for people with various levels of pet ownership experience. Petsmart offers a wide selection of birds for sale to meet the needs of those looking to keep birds as pets. These birds can be purchased at the store or online, making it convenient and easy to add a feathered friend to the home.
At Petsmart, customers will find many bird species available for purchase. This includes parakeets, cockatiels, finches, lovebirds, budgerigars, canaries, doves, African grey parrots, macaws, and many others. The birds available are typically hand-fed baby or juvenile birds that have been raised in a safe and clean environment to promote healthy development.
Birds come in a variety of colors and patterns, with many of the pet birds found in stores being hand-fed in order to be more social and friendly when people bring them home. Petsmart may also offer some breed standard birds. Customers can visit the store to see the colorations and pick a particular bird that appeals to them.
When buying a bird from Petsmart, customers may find accessories, food, and other necessities such as perches, cages, vitamins, and toys. The store offers a range of bird foods from basic seed diets to pelleted diets that are healthier for pet birds.
What Makes Petsmart Birds Unique?
Petsmart Birds are unique in that they make excellent pet birds for people of all ages. As one of the leading pet stores in North America, Petsmart stocks a wide variety of pet birds from brands like Petco and ZuPreem. These birds are available in a selection of sizes, colors, and breeds, from conures to cockatiels, and lovebirds to macaws. Each species has distinctive characteristics, allowing you to choose the perfect one for your lifestyle.
Petsmart also carries a range of bird supplies, including bird cages, food dishes, bird toys, perches, perch covers, and more. The store also offers a variety of bird diets, including seeds, pellets, and a wide selection of fresh fruits and vegetables so you can provide your pet with a balanced diet. Petsmart birds also come with normal health and wellness information such as vaccinations, medical care plans, and nutritional guidelines so owners can ensure their birds remain healthy and happy.
Finally, owning one of the Petsmart birds comes with the convenience of shopping in-store, as many of the stores have knowledgeable pet-care experts who can answer questions and offer advice. The Petsmart line of birds is also supported online, with sources like Ask A Pet Expert and the “Meet the Pets” section of the website, providing access to even more information that makes owning a pet bird easier. With all the benefits Petsmart offer, it’s no wonder they are becoming increasingly popular.
What Types of Petsmart Birds are available for sale?
Petsmart has a wide variety of birds available for purchase, including parakeets, cockatiels, lovebirds, and canaries.
- Parakeets are small, brightly colored birds. They are highly social and usually live in small groups or pairs. These birds are the most common type of pet bird and they are relatively easy to care for. They can be very vocal and talkative, making them a great choice for those who want an interactive pet.
- Cockatiels are slightly larger than parakeets and have a distinctive crest on their head. These active birds love to be around their human companions and can be taught to mimic vocals and other sounds. They are also quite vocal and love to be part of the family. They require a bit more time and attention than parakeets as they need to be socialized regularly.
- Lovebirds are very small parrots that love to cuddle. They are also exceptionally active, they like to play, explore, and interact with their human companions. These birds require a great deal of intellectual stimulation, so they’re best suited for experienced bird owners.
- Canaries are small, brightly colored birds. They are quite hardy and relatively easy to take care of, but they need a lot of space and a well-rounded diet. Canaries typically have melodic, beautiful vocalizations that make them a great choice for those who want a pet that can actually sing.
Types of Birds at Petsmart and Their Prices
- Parakeets: Parakeets, also called budgies, are excellent pets for first-time bird owners. They are playful, and intelligent, and make pleasant chirping noises. Parakeets can range in price from $20 to $100, depending on their age, color, and other factors.
- Cockatiels: Cockatiels are beautiful, talkative birds that bond closely with their owners. They are well-suited for both beginners and experienced bird owners. Cockatiels typically cost between $40 and $150.
- Conures: Conures are beautiful and colorful birds that are known for their intelligence and lively personalities. They can be quite pricey, ranging from $100 to $400, depending on the species.
- Lovebirds: Lovebirds are small, affectionate birds that make wonderful pets. They have bright, colorful feathers and can be very loyal to their owners. Lovebirds can range from $50 to $100 in price.
- Macaws: Macaws are large, loud birds with long tails that are known for their intelligence and talking abilities. They are also more expensive, typically ranging from $500 to $2,000.
Petsmart Birds packages and prices
Petsmart offers several packages for customers who want to purchase birds. The packages vary by bird type, size, and variety.
- The Petsmart Starter Kit is the most basic package and contains a cage, food, toys, and a guide to help bird owners get started. This package is typically priced around $50.
- The Petsmart Deluxe Kit includes all the items of the starter kit, but it also includes a variety of bird accessories such as perches, bird baths, ladders, and more. This package is typically priced in the range of $100 and up.
- The Petsmart Super Deluxe Kit contains the same items as the Deluxe Kit, but it also includes extra bird cages, toys, and food. This package is typically priced between $150 and $200.
- Finally, the Petsmart Ultimate Bundle includes the items of the Super Deluxe Kit plus additional bird care items such as bird grooming supplies and vitamin supplements. This package is typically priced between $200 and $300.
No matter which package you choose, Petsmart makes sure that all birds have the necessary supplies and accessories so they and their owners can get a good start.
Factors That Affect The Cost of Petsmart Birds
- Breed: The breed of bird you choose to purchase at Petsmart will affect the cost. Some species, such as parrots, are more expensive than finches or canaries because they require more space and attention.
- Age: Younger birds tend to be more expensive than older birds. This is because younger birds need more time and effort to be trained and bonded with an owner.
- Accessories: Birdcages, perches, toys, special diets, and other bird accessories all add to the cost when you make a purchase from Petsmart.
- Location: The cost of birds can vary depending on where you live. Some types of birds may be more expensive in a particular area because of the demand and availability.
- Supply and Demand: As with most products, the supply and demand for pet birds can also influence their cost. When fewer birds are available, it can lead to an increase in price.
Are Petsmart Birds Cheaper Than Birds From Other Pet Stores?
The answer to this question depends on a variety of factors. Generally speaking, yes, Petsmart birds can be cheaper than birds from other pet stores. This is because many pet stores do not specialize in birds, which can make them more expensive because they are rarely discounted. Petsmart stores, on the other hand, tend to be more specialized and carry bird-specific merchandise. This means they are more likely to carry more competitively-priced bird products and birds, making them a good option if you are looking for a bird that is not too expensive.
The type of bird you are looking for is also an important factor in determining whether it is cheaper to buy from Petsmart or another pet store. For example, common pet birds like parakeets, cockatiels, and budgies can be found at most pet stores and will likely be similar in price to those found at Petsmart, while more exotic birds will likely be more expensive. Petsmart carries both budget-friendly and more expensive birds, so it is wise to do some comparison shopping and research different pet stores in your area to get a better idea of the price range for the bird you have in mind.
Pros and Cons of Buying Petsmart Birds
- Petsmart has a large selection of birds, so you can find the species of bird that you are looking for.
- Petsmart has knowledgeable staff on hand to help you choose the right bird and answer any questions you may have.
- Petsmart offers great prices and discounts for birds, which makes them affordable.
- Birds purchased from Petsmart are health-checked and come with a guarantee.
- The staff at Petsmart may not be knowledgeable about the specific species of bird you are interested in.
- Petmart’s birds may not have been well cared for while in their possession, leading to possible health problems or higher-than-expected vet bills.
- The birds at Petsmart may be young and not yet trained, which means you will need to provide a lot of training and care.
Q. How much are birds from Petsmart?
A. The cost of birds at Petsmart will vary depending on the type of bird and the size. Generally, small birds such as parakeets range from $12-$35, while larger birds such as lovebirds can range from $60-$2000. Additionally, the cost of accessories such as cages and food will add to the price.
Q. Are Petsmart birds healthy?
A. The general agreement is that Petsmart birds are generally healthy, though some reports of unhealthy birds do exist. Petsmart maintains very high standards of care for their birds, including frequent vet checkups, supervised playtime, and fresh food and water. However, all potential pet owners should do their own research to make sure they are getting a healthy pet.
Q, Why are pet birds so expensive?
A. Pet birds can be expensive for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is the cost to keep them healthy and safe. Birds require specialized diets, cages, accessories, and plenty of medical care to keep them happy and healthy. Other costs associated with owning a pet bird include the price paid for the bird itself, which can be quite high. Birds can also be difficult to care for, requiring owners to devote time each day to play with their pet and keep it entertained. These special needs mean higher costs for owners, making birds quite expensive.
Petsmart birds can cost anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, depending on the breed and the size of the bird. Some of the most popular birds sold in Petsmart are macaws, cockatiels, parakeets, and lovebirds, with prices for these birds ranging from around $60 to $2000. Petsmart also offers a variety of rarer birds which may cost more than the more commonly found birds. Before investing in a pet bird, it is important to factor in the cost of not only the bird itself, but also food, supplies, and other dental vet bills.