The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a small, beautiful dog that has become increasingly popular over the years as a companion pet. The breed was initially developed as a toy breed and was used as a lap and companion dog by British royalty and nobility. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are highly loyal and loving, making them a perfect choice for families looking for an affectionate pet. The breed is sometimes referred to as simply the “Cavalier,” and is known for its calm, sweet temperament and outgoing personality. As the price for these dogs varies significantly depending on the source, it is important to do your research before purchasing one. Read on to find out more about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel’s price.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Price
The price of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the breeder, the specific pedigree, and the location of the sale. Generally, these prices can range from $1,500 to $4,000 depending on the particular breed, not including any additional costs such as veterinary fees, microchipping, and insurance. Some breeders may also offer a limited supply of puppies that could carry a higher cost.
The Average Cost of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppy
The average cost of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy is around $1,500 to $2,500, although prices can vary greatly. Prices may depend on factors such as the age, coloration, size, pedigree, and health of the puppy as well as local demand.
How Much Does It Cost to Adopt a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel From a Rescue?
The cost of adopting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from a rescue organization can vary and will depend on the shelter or rescue organization you choose. In general, private shelters will be pricier than municipal shelters. The average cost to adopt a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from a rescue organization is between $200-$600, depending on the age and condition of the dog. This adoption fee will go towards covering costs related to medical care, spaying/neutering, vaccinations, and microchipping.
Places to Find Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppies for Sale and Adoption
- American Kennel Club – The American Kennel Club has an extensive network of breeders across the United States for purebred puppies.
- Local Breeder – Search for local breeders in your area by using a specialized online database like Breederoo.
- Rescue Organizations – Educate yourself on reputable and responsible animal rescue organizations that may have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels up for adoption.
- Online Forums & Groups – Popular online forums and social media groups such as Reddit, Facebook, and Nextdoor have “Looking for” and “Rehoming” threads for individuals seeking their own puppy.
- Petfinder – Visit Petfinder.com and search their database of puppies available for adoption in your area.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for Sale Under $500
- Doodle Dogs – Doodle Dogs offers Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for sale under $500. All pups come with a health guarantee, all vaccinations, and dewormings.
- Rainbow Paws – Rainbow Paws is a breeder that specializes in toy-sized dogs. They offer gorgeous, healthy Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for under $500.
- Shyann’s Puppies – Shyann’s Puppies has a variety of toy-sized dogs, including beautiful Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for under $500. They also offer a 1-year health guarantee.
- Roo’s Home Puppies – Roo’s Home Puppies offers high-quality Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pups for sale at bargain prices. All puppies come with their first set of vaccinations and dewormings.
- Puppy Joy Kennels – Puppy Joy Kennels is a breeder located in California. They have a selection of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels for sale under $500. All pups are healthy and well-socialized.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for Sale Under $1,000
- PuppySpot – PuppySpot has a wide selection of Cavalier King Charles puppies for sale under $1,000 in a variety of colors, sizes, and personalities. All puppies come from reputable breeders and come with a health guarantee. You can contact the breeder directly to specify a price.
- Lancaster Puppies – Lancaster Puppies is a breeder directory featuring professional breeders and families with Cavalier King Charles puppies available. Prices vary depending on the breeder and the specific puppy.
- Next Day Pets – Next Day Pets features a variety of classifieds for breeds under $1,000. While they don’t have a specific section for Cavalier King Charles puppies, you can search their classifieds for specifically long-haired and short-haired puppies.
- Greenfield Puppies – Greenfield Puppies is a resource for locating healthy, sound, and trained puppies. They list all of the information concerning the parents, availability, and pricing of the puppies they have listed. All puppies are health tested and come with a one-year health guarantee.
- Cavachon Square – Cavachon Square is dedicated to helping you find a Cavalier King Charles puppy for sale for under $1,000. Their puppies come from private breeders and come with training and a health guarantee. They also offer a free Puppy Matching Service to help you find the perfect puppy for you.
7 Factors that Influence the Price of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
- Size: The size of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will affect the price. Smaller dogs typically cost more than larger dogs.
- Bloodline: Purebred dogs of a specific bloodline will cost more than dogs of a mixed-breed or generic bloodline.
- Breed Availability: The availability of the breed in a particular area will affect the price. If the breed is more in demand, it will typically be priced higher.
- Breeder Reputation: Reputable breeders tend to charge more for their dogs. This cost is typically passed on to the consumer.
- Season: The price of the dog may fluctuate depending on the season. Puppies may be in higher demand during holidays such as Christmas, and the cost may go up accordingly.
- Personality: Dogs with a friendly and outgoing personality are usually more in demand, and may capture a higher price.
- Grooming: Grooming needs vary by breed and size. The grooming cost associated with the specific breed should be taken into consideration when pricing the dog.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Cost of Ownership
The average cost of owning a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is around $2,500 a year. This includes the usual costs of food, toys, vet care, and miscellaneous items. Grooming can also add an extra $50 to $100 a month. The cost of purchasing the dog typically ranges from $1500 to $4,000. Reputable breeders may charge more, particularly if the pedigree is exceptional.
List of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Care Supplies and Costs
- Food bowl: $15-$20
- Water bowl: $15-$20
- High-Quality Dog Food: $35-$75 per 15 lb bag, depending on the brand
- Dog House/Kennel: $75-$150
- Dog Crate: $50-$200, depending upon size and materials
- Dog Leash: $13-$20
- Collar/Harness: $10-$25
- Toys: $5-$15
- Grooming Supplies: $15-$50
- Dog Shampoo: $7-$15
- Dog Brush: $7-$15
- Flea and Tick Treatment: $15-$75
- Dog Bed: $50-$150
- Dog Carrier/Travel Bag: $25-$50
- Dog Training Classes: $100-$300
Cost of Spaying or Neutering Cavalier Spaniels
The average cost to spay or neuter a Cavalier Spaniel is between $300 and $500. This cost varies depending on the size and age of the dog, the clinic you choose, its location, and other factors. Most clinics include pre-operative blood work, a physical exam, and pain relief for the procedure. Additional costs may be required for dogs with special circumstances or that are older than usual.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Lifespan
The average lifespan of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is between 10-14 years.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Size
Cavalier King Charles spaniels typically weigh between 13 and 18 pounds and stand 12 to 13 inches tall at the shoulder.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Price vs. Other Breeds
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a small, affectionate breed of dog that is renowned for its friendly and loving personality. The breed is considered a ‘toy’ breed, meaning they are relatively small and delicate. The average price of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel typically ranges from around $1500 to $4000 USD, making them one of the more expensive breeds on the market. As with other toy breeds, their popularity increases upkeep and grooming costs, further increasing the price. Compared to other dog breeds, however, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are still on the more affordable end of the spectrum.
In terms of price, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is not as expensive as other toy breeds like Pomeranians and Shih Tzu, which can cost upwards of $4500. Similarly, more expensive dog breeds like Bullmastiffs and Old English Sheepdogs can cost upwards of $5000. On the other hand, some popular purebreds like Labrador Retrievers and Golden Retrievers can cost around the same price as a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. In general, more sought-after breeds tend to cost more than commonly owned breeds, regardless of size.
Why Are King Charles Cavaliers So Expensive?
King Charles Cavaliers are expensive due to their popularity. They are a designer breed and have a lot of desirability. Veterinarian costs may be higher with King Charles Cavaliers due to their long coats and greater risk of eye issues. They also have a very friendly personality and a more exotic look than other breeds, which makes them appealing to those with the money to buy them.
Money-Saving Tips for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Owners
- Make sure to purchase high-quality food. Food is one of the most important expenses for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel owner. Choosing high-quality food offers more nutrition and can help reduce the frequency of costly vet visits.
- Buy in bulk. When buying food, treats, and other supplies, consider buying in bulk. This will help you get the items you need for a lower price.
- Grooming at home. While professional grooming is important, it can be costly. Learning to groom your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at home can save you money while also building a strong bond with your pet.
- Make your own toys. To save money on toys, consider making your own. Items like stuffed Kongs, woven rope bones, and empty plastic bottles filled with treats can keep your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel entertained for hours.
- Research veterinary clinics. Different vet clinics can charge different prices for services. Take time to research vet clinics and shop around to find the best option for you and your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
- Utilize knowledge sources. When it comes to medical concerns, get as much information as you can from reliable online sources. Ask questions and be sure to get multiple opinions from veterinary professionals before making a decision.
- Try online options. Consider enrolling in online courses or classes so that you can take care of your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel on your own. This can eliminate the need to pay for a veterinary professional.
- Buy used items. If you are looking for supplies like a dog crate or bed, search online or in local pet stores for gently used items. This can save you a significant amount of money.
Q. How much is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel worth?
A. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels typically cost between $1,500 and $4,000, although prices can range widely depending on the individual puppy’s pedigree, parentage, and other factors.
Q. Are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels worth it?
A. Yes, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are definitely worth it! They are among the most loving and loyal dog breeds, and they make wonderful companion dogs. They are also one of the few breeds that are considered both a parlor and a lap dog, so they combine both beauty and loyalty in one package. They are also incredibly smart, and relatively low-maintenance compared to some other breeds.
Q. How Much Do Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Shed?
A. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are considered a low-shedding breed, and while they do shed some, it is usually very minimal and doesn’t require much grooming. Some people may notice some seasonal shedding, but it is nothing compared to higher-shedding breeds.
The price of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can vary depending on several factors, such as the breeder’s reputation, the breed’s popularity, and the availability of the puppy. However, it is generally accepted that the average price range falls between $1,500 and $4,500. Ultimately, purchasing a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is an investment and should be taken seriously. Before buying a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, it is important to do your research to make sure you get a healthy puppy from a reputable breeder.